Friday, January 21, 2011

Avatar. A


Avatar looks really good on blu ray. That's obvious. But you still have to see it to realize just how awesome the experience can be at home. I loved the movie when I saw it in theaters, but as I've mentioned, the greatness of it didn't really start to sink in until a few days after I saw it (sort of the opposite experience most people had). So in a way I enjoyed the experience as a whole more at home than I did on the big screen. I knew what I was getting into, and I was able to see it in better quality than the what the movie theater provided (though there's still nothing comparable to the big screen). Avatar is only suitable for home viewing if it's seen on blu ray and on a really good sized screen (46 would do, but preferably 50 and up). If you have the proper digs, it can be, contrary to the opinions of some, a total blast at home. Plus, the special edition blu ray allows one to see the extended cut as well as hours of extra features. There was nothing quite like the Avatar experience when it played in theaters, and now there's nothing quite like it in the living room.

No comments: