Thursday, January 2, 2014

Best Old Movies of the Year

I'm going to list my favorite movies that were released in 2013, but first I want to list my favorites that I saw last year that were from any particular year and that I'd never seen before. Most of the them are just more classics that I'm knocking off the list. 

Here are my favorites in no particular order. If I haven't already, these are all titles I'll eagerly be revisiting:

Le Circle Rouge
Three Kings
The Warriors
Purple Noon
The Navigator
Cape Fear (1962)
That Obscure Object of Desire
The Man From London
House of Games
Mouchette
Jeremiah Johnson
Leon, Morin, Priest
Paris, Texas
Killing Them Softly
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp
Gremlins
Pale Flower
The Earrings of Madame De
Knife in the Water

and the absolutely best film I saw all year, including anything released in 2013, is also surely one of the best movies I've ever seen. That would be Army of Shadows. I bought it on blu ray during one of Criterion's flash sales, saw it three times, and...

No comments: