Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Looking at Killing Them Softly

I feel like there's not enough conversation about how great Andrew Dominik's Killing Them Softly is, not just on a plot/character/dialogue level, but on an aesthetic/technical one (I should mention, I just saw it for a second time, and it improved quite a bit even though I liked it a lot initially). It's a film that-like The Assassination of Jesse James-I'm still trying to sort out why is so gorgeous to look at besides the reductive answer that, well, maybe Dominik likes his images to look pretty. I've got an a decent explanation for the latter film, I'm still trying to sort out the former, and hopefully I'll get something up here soon that digs into this issue. In the meantime, here's some images from Killing Them Softly to feast your eyes on: 
















No comments: